The Friends do
- Provide financial support for materials, services
and programs not covered by Sarasota County taxes.
- Play an advocacy role for libraries at local,
state and national levels.
- Underwrite enrichment programs for children and
adults of all ages.
- Provide collection development support for print
and non-print materials.
- Co-produce the Sarasota Reading Festival as founding sponsors.
The Friends of the Selby Public Library thanks its generous Members and Board Members who have helped enrich many lives by spreading the word about Selby Public Library and the value, pleasures and rewards of literacy.
DURING THE PAST FISCAL YEAR Selby Friends has given to the Library:
- More than 800 books and music materials valued at thousands of dollars
- Over $15,000 in support of more than 100 free youth programs and events
- Over $4,200 for the presentation of more than 60 free special events and programs for adults
- Over $22,000 for the coordination, organization, orientation and support of Selby Library Volunteers
- Over 400 free events for children
Selby Friends has given the Library and the community, OVER THE PAST 10 YEARS:
- Over $400,000 in support of Selby Library’s mission and programs
- Over 7,100 free Library presentations/events
- The support & coordination of thousands of Library Volunteers who have contributed over 241,000 hours of their time, talents and expertise
- Friends Bookstore, which enables the public to buy a variety of donated, used books at low prices
- Thousands of dollars in book donations and support to literary-related community charities